What kind of exhibit is Birds in Art?
The 45th anniversary exhibition of Birds in Art is currently on exhibit at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center in Stamford, CT. The Birds in Art Exhibit is organized by the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, WI. One of our Chapter members, Mark Lefkowitz, visited the exhibit while it was on display at the Wendell Gilley Museum in Maine and he highly recommended that we arrange a day trip to go see the exhibit.
For those who are not familiar with the Birds in Art exhibit – it is an international juried exhibit organized annually by the Woodson Art Museum. This year features artwork from 114 artists, selected from a pool of 830 works submitted from 510 artists by a three-person jury, which reveals the competitive nature of this exhibit, and the high quality of the work selected for the exhibit.
What else is at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center?
We are planning to make a day of it, and enjoy some of the other offerings at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center including touring the Bendel Mansion grounds, the Nature Center Trails, and Knobloch Family Farmhouse which should yield plenty of opportunities for some impromptu sketching if the artistic itch gets going. Plan to bring a brown bag lunch and make a day of it!
What’s Here to Explore
• Heckscher Farm and Organic Garden, Nature’s Playground, our hiking trails including the Orange Adventure Trail and the Wheels-In-The-Woods trail, as well as the Bendel Pond Meadow.
• Our Bendel Mansion building and Museum Galleries.
• Heckscher Farm Restrooms next to Heckscher WILD!, Bendel Mansion restrooms, and our Knobloch Family Farmhouse restrooms are open for one family at a time, please.
• Heckscher WILD! is open Tuesday – Sunday 1:00 – 3:00 PM
• Overbrook Nature Center & Gift Shop is open daily from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Visiting safety guidelines
Please make sure to wear a facemask while indoors.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!