Socially Distant Botanical Sketching
Our Chapter is organizing a small group of attendees to visit Tower Hill Botanical Garden and do socially distant botanical sketching in the outdoor garden areas. This group is limited to 12 participants, and you will need to preregister with Carol Schwartz or Mei Leung by June 10th to secure your place. To help spread out visitors, Tower Hill is staggering entry times, and we need to enter the garden during our assigned 1.5 hour entry time then we can stay until the garden closes at 5 PM.
*** Rain date is Thursday, June 18th ***
Visitor Safety Guidelines (From Tower Hill’s Visitor Page)
- If you are sick, please stay home!
- Masks or face coverings are required for all visitors over the age of 2 who are able throughout Tower Hill property.
- Stay six feet from visitors not in your household. Make room for others to pass when possible.
- The Visitor Center is closed at this time, including Farmer & the Fork Café, Garden Shop, and Library. All plants from the two conservatories have been moved outside to their summer homes.
- Indoor restrooms are available near the Limonaia. These restrooms are being cleaned in accordance with CDC and state guidelines. Please be prepared to physically distance while you wait in line.
- Due to public health guidelines, they are unable to offer drinking water on site. Please bring your own.
- Picnics are permitted in grassy areas, but they do ask that you take any trash with you. Due to public health restrictions, they have removed most chairs throughout the property.
- The Garden cannot loan wheelchairs to visitors at this time.
You may visit Tower Hill’s website to plan your visit and stay safe while enjoying the beautiful outdoor garden spaces.