Session III: Color and Composition – Class description:
In this 10-week color and composition course, students explore watercolor and colored pencil and may include digital media. We develop advanced compositions, including info-graphics. Students complete three portfolio pieces and prepare for internships/independent studies if desired. Professional practices, handouts, tutorials, live video conferencing and email.
Scientific Illustration Distance Program Information
- All SIDP classes run twice a year.
- All SIDP students have the opportunity for a web presence on the SIDP website.
- Each course is ten weeks, with weekly lessons, tailored assignments, Skype lessons, personal feedback on every assignment, and tutorials.
- Session I classes – Cover drawing basics of light, form, value and composition.
- Session II classes – Advances to ore complex techniques and subject matter.
- Session III classes – Focuses on specific projects and allows digital media
- Session IV classes – Internship or independent study. Students completing the program receive a certificate of completion.
Sign me up! How do I register?
You will need to register for the class by contacting Gretchen Halpert directly – her contact info is listed on this page.