Session I: Foundations in Graphite – Class description:
This 10-week foundation in graphite course builds drawing skills using graphite. We cover perspective, proportion, rendering textures, scientific conventions, lighting, and transferring drawings. Pen and ink will be introduced. Students become comfortable with the computer and technical skills for proper scanning, uploading and preparing artwork, as well as video conferencing and creating files. Professional and business practices are introduced. The class fee covers all assignments, tutorials, handouts, video conferencing and emailing. Beginning and intermediate students are encouraged to apply.
Scientific Illustration Distance Program Information
- All SIDP classes run twice a year.
- All SIDP students have the opportunity for a web presence on the SIDP website.
- Each course is ten weeks, with weekly lessons, tailored assignments, Skype lessons, personal feedback on every assignment, and tutorials.
- Session I classes – Cover drawing basics of light, form, value and composition.
- Session II classes – Advances to ore complex techniques and subject matter.
- Session III classes – Focuses on specific projects and allows digital media
- Session IV classes – Internship or independent study. Students completing the program receive a certificate of completion.
Sign me up! How do I register?
You will need to register for the class by contacting Gretchen Halpert directly – her contact info is listed on this page.