Come and join us!!!!
Our next General Meeting is on Saturday, January 12, 2019. We will be meeting at the RISD Nature Lab located at 13 Waterman Street, Providence, RI. The meeting will be upstairs in Room 22, therefore there will not be an option to remotely join the meeting since we will not have access to the audio and video equipment downstairs.
If you have anything you want to have included on the agenda, please e-mail Wendy Chadbourne by January 10th, 2019. Currently, our agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introductions – Meet and greet with all members. Would also like to take a group photo for the website.
- Treasurers Report – Last report from Anthony Gerardi before he steps down after how many years? We thank you so much for your lengthy service.
- Officer elections – We need to fill the following officer positions to keep our Chapter running in 2019. Please note you must be a member of the National GNSI in order to hold an officer position (President, Treasurer or Secretary)
- Treasurer – for a 2-year term – Duties to include keeping track of the Chapter accounting including generating Treasurer’s Reports for General Meetings, helping the President submit year-end reports to the National GNSI group, helping submit educational grant applications for funding educational programs.
- Secretary – for a 1-year term – Duties to include taking and typing up minutes from General Meetings, relaying announcements to the membership via e-mail, helping keep track of Membership and Dues payments.
- Exhibit /Program Coordinators – Flexible short-term appointments for coordinating exhibits or programs for monthly field trips, workshops, lectures. Responsibilities to include choosing the event, securing a location, collecting relevant information about the event, helping with announcements, writing up post-event articles for our website.
- Old business –
- MA Migrations Exhibit Follow-up –
- New business –
- 2nd Annual Themed Exhibit is set for Mass Audubon Habitat gallery in Belmont, MA for October 2019. The potential theme is “Into the Woods” a study of New England woodland habitats.
- Setting calendar to next General Meeting which is in May 2019. Looking for Program Coordinators and ideas for the following months:
- February –
- March –
- April –