Come and join us!!!!
Our next General Meeting is on Saturday, January 18, 2020. We will be meeting at the RISD Nature Lab located at 13 Waterman Street, Providence, RI. In the event that we have inclement winter weather, the snow date for this meeting will be Saturday, January 25th. Annual dues for 2020 will be due in January, so if you haven’t renewed your membership yet, this is a perfect time!
There is a pay parking lot at the corner of North Main Street and Steeple Street across the street from Cafe Choklad. There may also be on-street parking within walking distance of the Nature Lab building.
If you have anything you want to have included on the agenda, please e-mail Wendy Chadbourne by January 10th, 2020. Currently, our agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introductions – Meet and greet with all members. Would also like to take a group photo for the website.
- Treasurers Report –
- Officer elections – We need to fill the following officer position to keep our Chapter running in 2020. Please note you must be a member of the National GNSI in order to hold an officer position (President, Treasurer or Secretary)
- Secretary – for a 1-year term – Duties to include taking and typing up minutes from General Meetings, relaying announcements to the membership via e-mail, helping keep track of Membership and Dues payments.
- Exhibit /Program Coordinators – Flexible, short-term appointments for coordinating exhibits or programs for monthly field trips, workshops, lectures. Responsibilities to include choosing the event, securing a location, collecting relevant information about the event, helping with announcements, writing up post-event articles for our website.
- Old business –
- Into The Woods Exhibit follow up
- New business –
- 3rd Annual Themed Exhibit is in the works – we have lots of interesting stuff to discuss!
- Setting calendar to next General Meeting which is in May 2019. Looking for Program Coordinators and ideas for the following months:
- February –
- March –
- April –
September 2019 meeting minutes
Coming soon…. Click here to read the PDF of the minutes of the last general meeting.