Come join us!
Our next General Meeting is coming up on September 14, 2019. Please make sure you put this meeting date on your calendar, you aren’t going to want to miss this one! Let’s keep the momentum going from the start of the year and make sure to plan some fun and creative activities for our members. Following our meeting, we have scheduled a pyrography demonstration by local Rhode Island artist Cate McCauley.
- Wendy Berube will be providing an update about the upcoming Into The Woods Exhibit. The deadline for this show has been extended until September 14, 2019, and we are accepting up to 4 works per artist, either new or old work as long as it pertains to the theme of the show.
- Planning for the Into The Woods Exhibit reception which is scheduled for Wednesday, October 9th from 6-8 PM – Requesting refreshments.
- Artwork Drop Off: You may bring your work to the meeting for Wendy Berube to pick up and deliver to the exhibit if you do not want to ship it.
- Planning an activity for November – looking for ideas, bring your suggestions and let’s get something set up!
- Planning our Holiday Party which is set for December 14, 2019
- Ideas for future activities to help increase involvement – If you have ideas, we want to hear from you!
- Pyrography demonstration to follow the meeting.
What exactly is Pyrography?
Most artists shutter at the thought of combining the elements of fire with their artwork. Pyrographers embrace the heat and use it to create beautiful sepia-toned illustrations, literally drawing with fire and charring the surfaces that they work on. You won’t find an undo button in this line of artwork! Cate McCauley is a local Rhode Island artist who has an amazing ability to capture the lifelike details of all sorts of animals with nothing more than an electronically controlled burner unit that heats a metal-tipped pen anywhere from 500℉-900℉! You can read more about the art of pyrography here.