2021 GNSI-NE 3rd annual themed exhibit
Rivers to the Sea
Come and join GNSI-New England as we celebrate the long-awaited public installation of Rivers to the Sea, our 2020-2021 themed art exhibition that was only viewable online last year due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Our theme for this exhibit is New England watersheds which contain a vast array of ecological systems. Each of these ecological systems supports a wide variety of biodiversity from the upland headwaters all the way to their termination into the sea. All of this biodiversity relies on the precious resource of water flowing past, on a constant journey from the land to the rivers to the sea. We invite the members of GNSI-NE to celebrate this biodiversity in their chosen media, to help bring awareness to the fragile communities which rely on these watersheds all through New England. Their overall health, and ultimately our own, relies on healthy watershed systems.
Our Mission – Art, Education, and Science
Our annual themed exhibit is instrumental in bringing our mission of combining art, education, and science out into the public. Increasing public awareness completes the circle, by using our art to teach our viewers something that applies right here in their daily lives. We invite you to explore the artwork in the exhibit and learn about the vast biodiversity that relies on healthy watersheds.
Our exhibit will be on public display at the RISCA Atrium Gallery located at One Capitol Hill, Providence, RI 02908 from Monday, September 20, 2021 through Friday, January 6, 2022. The gallery space is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Click this link for more information about the Atrium Gallery.
Price List for Artwork Available for Purchase
- Baltimore Oriole and its Hanging Nest – by Sau-Mei Leung – $400.00
- Bog Turtle – by Jeanette Compton – $500.00
- Bryophytes – by Nanci Worthington – $350.00
- Come on in, the waters fine… or is it? – River Otters – by Frances Topping – $300.00
- Cow Moose and Calf Exiting the Androscoggin River – by Albert Pointe – $100.00
- Essex Marsh – by Peggy Rambach – $500.00
- Estuarine Community of the Diamondback Terrapin – by Wendy Chadbourne – $1,000.00
- Foraging Terns – Common Terns – by Carol Schwartz – $1,400.00
- Green Heron – by Dorie Petrochko – $1,300.00
- Moon Jelly Stranded on the Shore of the Barrington River – by Albert Pointe – $100.00
- Pollution Intolerant River Organisms – by Albert Pointe – $100.00
- The Muskrat – Muskrat in walnut ink – by Nancy Minnigerode – $100.00
- The Muskrat in Habitat – Muskrat in watercolor, pen & ink – by Nancy Minnigerode – $100.00
- Skunk Cabbage – by Jeanette Compton – NFS
- Spring Peeper and Tussock Sedge – by Patricia Cassady – $400.00
- Vernal Awakening – Jefferson Salamander – by Mark Lefkowitz – $500.00
- Zebra Clubtail Dragonfly – by Melissa Guillet – $350.00
If you would like to purchase a work from the show please contact the Artist through the link to their member page or contact the Exhibit Chair by e-mail at wendy(at)inkymousestudios(dot)com.