Call for Entries Open Until May 31, 2020
2020 GNSI-NE 3rd annual themed exhibit
Rivers to the Sea
The theme for this year’s show is Rivers to the Sea and should provide plenty of inspiration for our members if they decide to take part in this educational exhibit. New England watersheds contain a vast array of ecological systems. Each of these ecological systems supports a wide variety of biodiversity from the upland headwaters all the way to their termination into the sea. All this biodiversity relies on the precious resource of water flowing past, on a constant journey from the land to the rivers to the sea. We invite the members of GNSI-NE to celebrate this biodiversity in their chosen media, to help bring awareness to the fragile communities which rely on these watersheds all through New England. Their overall health, and ultimately our own, relies on healthy watershed systems.
GNSI-NE Members in good standing (2020 dues paid) are invited to answer the call for entries for our 2020 themed art exhibit. This exhibit was planned to be on display from August 27, 2020, through September 27, 2020, starting at Bartholomew’s Cobble, a unique Trustees of Reservations site located in Sheffield, MA and then travel on to other exhibit galleries which have not yet been announced. With all of the Covid-19 closures we are not sure exactly how this show will be exhibited… but it will be presented to the public in some manner.
- Artists may only enter one work.
- Works may have been previously displayed but not at GNSI-NE themed exhibit.
- Any 2-dimensional, traditional media or digital media, no photography.
- Maximum frame size accepted – 24″ length x 20″ height *We may have space for longer length pieces, but you would need to contact Nanci Worthington for approval.
- Frame materials must be wood or bamboo – To accept the gallery frame brackets which must be screwed into the back of the frame.
- Commitment for the species you wish to illustrate by May 31st.
- Digital image for Exhibit Catalog and write up will be due by June 27, 2020.
- Artwork must be received for the show between July 19 through July 25, 2020.
Are you interested in taking part in this exhibit?
Contact Wendy Chadbourne and a link to the Google Doc files for this exhibit will be shared with you.