Into the Woods Exhibit Opening Reception is Wednesday, October 9, 2019 from 6-8 PM.
Call for entries
This GNSI exhibit is open to all GNSI-NE Members and any GNSI members who reside in New England – Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and New York (close enough!) in good standing (2019 membership dues paid). Members may submit up to 2 illustrations. Any traditional or digital illustrations are welcome. The works do not have to be strictly scientific in nature, they can be more fine art is you desire, as long as they feature the ecological importance of the species chosen for the theme.
Into the Woods Theme
Our trees and forests have a direct impact on the environment and climate. This exhibit depicts the ecological importance of woodlands, including trees, and other flora, fauna, and fungi, as well as ecosystem processes and conservation.
Examples of possible subjects:
- Native beavers and wetlands
- Invasive phragmites and water purification
- Joe Pye weed as an important pollinator food and human medicinal herb
- Ants – a nuisance at picnics, but their soil aeration skills and seed distribution make sure that once rare plants like trailing arbutus thrive.
- There are lots of possible subjects here: trees, ferns, fungus, mosses, lichens, spiders, insects, birds, small animals, large animals, amphibians, reptiles, let’s help foster an appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Exhibit entry forms due on or before Friday, August 2, 2019.
- Delivery of artwork – If shipping, your artwork must arrive between September 1st and September 10th to Wendy Berube. There will also be collection days / times for those who do not want to ship their work.
- Exhibit installation date is Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- Exhibit opening reception and artist demonstrations is on Wednesday, October 9, 2019, from 6-8 PM.
- Exhibit take down date is Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Exhibit download forms:
P. O . Box 1006
Lakeville, MA 02347